Tenants Faq's

Being a tenant these days can seem a daunting prospect. Here are some of the more frequently asked questions that tenants ask us. Don't forget though, if you would like to discuss anything at all please give us a call, for free on 0800 840 9644.

How do I secure a property?

It couldn't be simpler! All you need to do once you have chosen your new home is pay our administration fee and we will reserve the property for you.

What are your fees?

Our fees are simple to understand and you can pay by debit or credit card either by calling 0800 840 9644 or you can use our online payment page, just click here. For a detailed breakdown of our fees please click here.

What references will be needed?

Remember only people 18 years or over can rent a property through let me. Each adult that lives in the property will need to be referenced. These checks include identity, financial history and employment.

Will I need a Guarantor?

Not usually, however Landlords can reserve the right to require a guarantor especially if you have poor credit history or are claiming any kind of benefit.

What is the security deposit?

It is the law that if a tenant pays a security deposit it must be registered in a Goventment backed Tenant Deposit scheme. We will register your deposit with the Deposit Protection Service and we must do so within 30 days of receiving it.


How long are tenancy agreements for?

Fixed term tenancies are usually for 6 or 12 months to begin with. Landlords may agree to longer terms by negotiation

When will I see the tenancy agreement

We will send you a draft copy of your tenancy agreement once you have reserved your property or you can look at it in our downloads section. This is so that you can have a good look at it and ask any questions of us or you can get independant advice. Remember Tenancy Agreements are legally binding and you should make sure you are happy to sign it

When can I move in?

As soon as all your satisfactory references have been received we will contact you to arrange an appointment to meet at the property

Will I need insurance?

Yes you will need to have Tenants' Liability Insurance. This is because our Landlord's own insurance won't cover you if you accidentally damage their property and it definitely won't cover you if your own belongings are damaged or stolen from your home. Please feel free to talk to us if you would like further information or advice

Who is responsible for repairs?

Except in cetain circumstances the Landlord will be resposible for all repairs and maintenance of the property. This will include any appliances unless previously agreed. You must make sure that you take good care the property and its' contents as you may be liable for the cost of any damage or repairs if you do not.